Step 1 - Reason for Improvement
Objective – Identify the Problem (Theme).
What key activities should be undertaken?
Research for Theme(s) (Problems)
- Review key processes and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Survey internal/external customers
- Identify what the team knows (brainstorming)
- Conduct interviews
Determine Process Ownership (related to problem/improvement)
- Document the “As Is” processes
- Determine customer needs
- Determine what improvement is needed using available data
- Show likely impacts of the solution/new process
- Get to work on the new solution/activities
Tools to Utilize
* Control Charts
* Process Maps
* Relationship Interaction Diagram
* Variance Analysis
Key Questions to Ask
* What do we produce? (Work products)
* Whom do we do it for?
* How well do we do it?
* How do we know we are doing it well?
*** Note: The other five steps will be posted in the coming days.