Florida Power and Light management came up with the list below of the ten most important things they think helped them complete the St. Lucie 2 Nuclear Power Plant on schedule, within cost, and without major quality issues.
- Management Commitment
- A realistic and firm schedule
- Clear decision-making authority
- Flexible project control tools
- Maintaining engineering before construction (design before build)
- Earlsy start-up involvement
- Organizational flexibility
- Ongoing critique of the project
- Close coordination with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (strong, fair oversight)
This is an awesome list that can be adapted to any environment and project. Do you have a top ten list of things you need for your project to be successful?